Friday, March 14, 2014

Simple vs. selfish

The email reads, "What do you think about my inviting [a family of four] to stay with us for those four nights? We could put one couple on the inflatable in my office, the other on the pull-out couch in the room opposite (or in Z’s room, bunking her with A.)  Upside, beyond the pleasure of good company, is that they’d surely reciprocate in [their home country], etc."



What do I think? I think I am tired and do not feel like making conversation with people I do not know, cooking for them, cleaning the house to prepare for their visit. I also think I am selfish and boring. Why am I not automatically open to new experiences? Why am I so inhospitable? Saying yes will make my life less simple, but probably a lot more rich.

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment