Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Little things

This morning was nuts despite every effort to focus on the moment, to silence the negative thoughts nipping at my heels. School was closed, and then canceled again because of icy roads (will winter never end?); the puppy escaped; my husband had an early meeting and left the house before he could unload the dishwasher (yes, I guess he does help in the kitchen); the car ice scraper went missing; and on and on.

All little things, and compared to 98% of people, I have absolutely no room to complain. When the whirlwind of minutea threatens to suck me up, I fight back small. I gain some measure of control with more little things: excavating my purse or deleting photos from my Dropbox. 


It takes five minutes, doesn't hurt anyone (and I would argue that it helps), and I feel better already.



No comments:

Post a Comment