Sunday, March 16, 2014

Furrowed brow

An email from a friend last week included the phrase, "furrowed brow," which I just can't shake. Referring to her ex-husband (I also have one), she wrote, "It also kinda brings out a side of me that isn't really me - it makes me this furrowed brow angry person. So, in the end, it kind of changes me, which I really resent."

Wow. "Wow," I thought, "Me too!"

To be honest, I am not, nor will I ever be a pollyanna, try as I might. But here's what I can do -- pinpoint and dwell on the little things that bring me joy: a chicken pecking my red toenails, my daughter's smile, the smell of fresh rosemary. Sometimes my brain is so full of things that furrow my brow it's hard to make room, so I am starting small. For every negative thought, one positive. Surely I can do that.

An egg shaped like the US --> :)

No comments:

Post a Comment